What calibre is this?

If I used a .300MAG case and have the neck opend to shoot a .35 Remington bullet diamiter what will this?

I don't think it has a wildcat name so It would be called a 300/35 or some would reverse
it and call it a 35/300. It is close to the 35 Newton And shorter than the 358 STA.

J E CUSTOM

I don't think it has a wildcat name so It would be called a 300/35 or some would reverse
it and call it a 35/300. It is close to the 35 Newton And shorter than the 358 STA.

J E CUSTOM

there's more than one listed in Ackley's book that are very similar (if not the samething). The .358 Norma mag is shorter than the .300 case necked up, but is still a very nice cartridge. I also think that the Kieth/Thompson/O Conner boys did a similar round as well off the .333 OKH case, but it's not listed by Ackley. I know they did a .338 OKH and a .35 OKH that were similar to the .340 Weatherby.
gary

there's more than one listed in Ackley's book that are very similar (if not the samething). The .358 Norma mag is shorter than the .300 case necked up, but is still a very nice cartridge. I also think that the Kieth/Thompson/O Conner boys did a similar round as well off the .333 OKH case, but it's not listed by Ackley. I know they did a .338 OKH and a .35 OKH that were similar to the .340 Weatherby.
gary
The OKH line of cartridges stand for O'NEILL KEITH and HOPKINS, the 333 OKH belted was based on a full length 375 H&H, later Keith and Thompson wildcatted The 338 KT, the T being thompson, it was based off of the the 378 weatherby, before weatherby necked it down to 338, they shortened it a 1/4 inch to burn H4831" without being terribly over bore,

Holy Necropost and to answer the OP, it's a .35 caliber.

Last edited: