What brand of scope do you prefer

That was COMPLETELY uncalled for and has no place in a civil discussion. The member you are referring to did nothing but state a different set of priorities that governs his choice of optics. Neither he, nor anyone else here, deserves to be treated in that manner. If you have come here to impress people with your discriminating taste, fat wallet, or any other form of d!*k measuring, I suggest you go somewhere else.

OR you can learn to engage your brain before running off at the keyboard. That way, it will be possible for you to be capable of having a civilized conversation. You have nice taste in optics, but very poor judgement. If comments like these are an indication of the kind of man you are, I suggest you take the money you are spending on expensive optics and send yourself to Charm School.

I felt as you do.!.. High 5!!

That was COMPLETELY uncalled for and has no place in a civil discussion. The member you are referring to did nothing but state a different set of priorities that governs his choice of optics. Neither he, nor anyone else here, deserves to be treated in that manner. If you have come here to impress people with your discriminating taste, fat wallet, or any other form of d!*k measuring, I suggest you go somewhere else.

OR you can learn to engage your brain before running off at the keyboard. That way, it will be possible for you to be capable of having a civilized conversation. You have nice taste in optics, but very poor judgement. If comments like these are an indication of the kind of man you are, I suggest you take the money you are spending on expensive optics and send yourself to Charm School.

I felt as you do.!.. High 5!!

As per Sully2, I too feel as benchracer!!

You know, I can afford Any glass on the market. However, I choose not to. Not because S&B or others aren't the best, but because they are not, in my opinion, 300 to 400% better than others. When the time comes, knowledge of your guns capability, ballistic accuracy, properly set up optics and use of good shooting techniques play a Much Bigger Part in shooting and hunting success than whether or not you invest in any top-of-the-line equipment...Nuf Said!

You guys are breaking my heart next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama. As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford. If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best the best then please list them but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.

You guys are breaking my heart next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama. As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford. If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best the best then please list them but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.

Out to gather sympathy I see.....LMAO

It's the Internet...I find it strange that people actually care enough about some anonymous posting to get their feelings hurt. I'm dealing with some mental giants...I use the monicker "Daryl Licht" for christ's sake. I do use a S&B but I have it mounted on a howa. I have friends with night force etc. and looking through scopes side by side the S&B wins every time. My opinion but based on fact.

You guys are breaking my heart
Sorry, didn't realize you were so tender hearted
next thing you know you'll tell me you voted for Obama.
NOYB...but, No
As I recall the original question was what scope do you feel is the best, not which one you could afford.
Which brand of scope do you prefer and why?
Actually, the OP's direct question had nothing to do with what do you feel is best, just what do you prefer and why.
If you all have any valid reasons why your choice is the best then please list them
Already answered by all participants, validated by their stated reasons
but if all you can do is whine about economics then once again I'd like to know where to contribute to the fund for whiney snivlers.
Guess your insistence means you have your opinion, so does everyone else. This is all the OP wanted to know...no personal attacks required!

It's the Internet...I find it strange that people actually care enough about some anonymous posting to get their feelings hurt. I'm dealing with some mental giants...I use the monicker "Daryl Licht" for christ's sake. I do use a S&B but I have it mounted on a howa. I have friends with night force etc. and looking through scopes side by side the S&B wins every time. My opinion but based on fact.

Unsubscribing to avoid any more of your drivel...

I use the S&B PMII'S and am more than happy with them. Can you get by with a lesser scope absolutely, but I shoot alot of precision rifle matches and do alot of coyote hunting and prefer to have the best glass available. * before you round up the posse I am not saying that S&B is the best glass known to man, I am saying that if its not you can see the best glass from where the S&B is sitting.

Without any hesitation at all I say my Schmit Bender PM2 5x25 is the finest scope that's ever been made. That statement however could easily say "ANY" SB scope. That's not only my personal feeling but SOCOM feels that way based on the amount they spend on their purchase orders, most places that sell them are out but will allow you to backorder, and perhaps most importantly this websites own statistics support the above statements. I personally went through this sites classifieds for optics and in over 500 ads there were only 2 SB's. There were scores of leupolds, nightforces, trijicons, nikons, etc. etc. etc.. But 2 SB's. Once you've shot one everything else is for sale.

Could not have said it better,,,you nailed it.:)

I use the S&B PMII'S and am more than happy with them. Can you get by with a lesser scope absolutely, but I shoot alot of precision rifle matches and do alot of coyote hunting and prefer to have the best glass available. * before you round up the posse I am not saying that S&B is the best glass known to man, I am saying that if its not you can see the best glass from where the S&B is sitting.

No other even comes close to S&B I own (8) and (8) Swarovski and (4) Zeiss..
My eyes say they are the best...I also own (6) nightforce but they rate last on my list..Long ago like everyone else I owned all the other cheaper models listed but
removed them as time went by.I will try the new Nightforce - Atacr- only because
Broz. and others did such a extensive test on it..All that said nothing compairs to
S&B...I have been lucky to be self employed all my life so I can afford to buy what I feel is the best and totally understand the money crunch many are in today..

I use mine almost daily as we are infested with pigs here in the hill country. I've got a bench on the deck and can take shots at hogs anywhere from 325 to 1200 yds. The ability for these old eyes to be able to see with absolute clarity at those ranges along with the utmost confidence in the repeat ability of adjustments make the SB my pick. Until they wise up a bit then I switch to a flir thermal and give them hell. Hogs...250 pound cockroaches. Although now that they've started selling tannerite everywhere here in Texas I'm thinking about 5 pounds in a corn pile mixed with with gravel...might just get em all.

First off dont feel guilty for what you own, I dont make a pile of money but I am single and have few bills and little debt "life choices".
As far as the gravel/tannerite scenario use the river rock and double the tannerite.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.