What barrels(brand Steel)are set on standard brands Savage 111G 300WM. ?

Sorry, Savage is the only one who would know for sure what the A.I.S.I. number of the steel (what grade) they use in their barrels is, and, what the properties are after heat treatment. Anything else would just be second hand info or a guess. Manufactures don't usually give out such info, instead they may give a 'specification' number. It is an engineering 'specification'. That 'specification' is a set of given properties that the finished product is to have upon completion (hardness, tensile strength, shear strength, durability for a given purpose, machinabilty, ect.,ect.). There are, sometimes, many different grades of steel that will meet that 'specification' with a change in heat treatment. I worked for a bearing manufacturer for quit a few years, the material we made the 'inner' & 'outer' out of, and their heat treatment were considered 'propriety information' to be kept within the company. I can see why companies don't just give out info like that. It is engineering and R&D that they had to pay for, why give it away?

I will not assert ...
There is basis is steel 4140 and there is a supplier Jorgenson Steel for Savage.

The grade of the steel is all that is important along. Nor much steel made in the US any more

The grade of the steel is all that is important along. Nor much steel made in the US any more

Answer:E.R. Shaw barrels
Good morning
If I read this correctly your asking if we make barrels for Savage? The answer is no we do not, they still make their own barrels
Thanks for asking
Chris Murray
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 10:28 AM
Subject: Question: E.R. Shaw barrels-Steel 4140?

Hi.

Savage for making of barrels Savage 111G 300WM. utilizes steel 4140 E.R. Shaw barrels?
Thank you for an answer.
Kristian.
P.M.
What barrels(brand Steel)are set on standard brands Savage 111G 300WM. ?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.