What ballistic program to use

AB for Long Range Shooting
I was right you can get the software on CD you just have to buy the book to get it

No you get "Version 2.0 of the Point Mass Ballistics Solver" not the same as the applied ballistics app by a long shot. Just keep in mind it isn't the app you've seen around. I do in fact own the book and have the software. It is good and does just about anything the app does but is a completely different format. Sounds like it should work for what he wants though. It is pretty nice software. Just don't get it confused.

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Instructions.pdf

What I was actually asking about, was an OFFLINE windows 7 program, which can be used in places where internet access is NOT available (out of wi-fi range, and not subscribed to cellular broadband service).

Patagonia Ballistics sells software compatible with Windows 7 (and I presume Windows 8). The programs install both on a PC and a Windows mobile software containing device for use in the field while hunting. You can work up loads/tracks on the desktop and then 'synchronize' (send them from PC to Mobile device) back and forth between the desktop and mobile devices. But it's not free software. The software is called ColdBore 1.0. ColdBore 1.0 costs about $150, in order to get both the desktop and mobile versions. Google Patagonia Ballistics or ColdBore 1.0 to learn more.

I see, it looks a bit more basic but I bet the firing solutions are the same since its the same solver?

to the OP you could always just go to walmart and pick up an IPOD and then use anybodys wifi and download the applied ballistics app from the amazon web site.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.