What backpack hunts are you planning for 2014?

Back from my hunt without any meat for the freezer. Had a great time even though i spent way more time in lightning and thunder storms then i was prepared for. Hunting with clients for a while but i hope to get 4 to 5 days to go again later in the month.

Back from my hunt without any meat for the freezer. Had a great time even though i spent way more time in lightning and thunder storms then i was prepared for. Hunting with clients for a while but i hope to get 4 to 5 days to go again later in the month.

Hopefully you'll have better weather when you head out at the end of the month. I'm headed up next Thursday through the end of September, and sure hope I don't get shut out by weather. Last year my archery hunt had huge winds for the first several days and I did not hear a single bugle until the last day. Weather can really mess things up.

Heading up to the Sierras in NorCal on Monday for a 5 day solo hunt chasing (hopefully) Blacktail/Muley hybrids. Elevation ranging from 6000-9000 ft.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.