What are you guys using to trim your brass?

Wilson micrometer, consistent, square case mouths, easy to use. Have never looked back.

Little Crow Gunworks Custom Rifle and Gunsmithing, Spicer, Minnesota Best trimmer out there,but only for handloaders that want a accurate and fast trimming method. All you need is a pistol drill with a 3/8s chuck. I have two 22/250 and 7mm wsm. I can trim 50 cs in less then 10 minutes. Log on to web site they have videos to watch.......... I have the Wilson its a pain in the ***

This is what we call "think outside the box"!! If this works as great as on the videos then it's wonderful. It's money back guarantee anyway so I think I'll be ordering one very soon. Since this trimmer does not use a "overall trim length" then I imagine this trimmer relies on shoulder to the end of neck measurement? That would implies a case only stretches at the neck area. Thanks for the link Iron Worker:)

This is what we call "think outside the box"!! If this works as great as on the videos then it's wonderful. It's money back guarantee anyway so I think I'll be ordering one very soon. Since this trimmer does not use a "overall trim length" then I imagine this trimmer relies on shoulder to the end of neck measurement? That would implies a case only stretches at the neck area. Thanks for the link Iron Worker:)

I hate trimming and turning necks but I do it cause we have to. It is what it is So that being why not use the fastest and most accurate.

Wilson micrometer, consistent, square case mouths, easy to use. Have never looked back.

many years ago I bought a used Wilson, and completely rebuilt it. The cutter was a little on the dull side and ground wrong for brass. Had a friend resharpen it and change the relief on the cutter. Made a 100% difference. Later on I added my own micrometer head to the end where the screw backstop is. But always found it to be kinda hard to hang onto, so I made my own stand out of some 1/4" aluminum scrape metal I found at the junk yard. Another big jump. Later on I made a larger bracket to hold it and a couple other tools out of the left over aluminum from the first buy. Two years later I see one with a micrometer head in the Sinclair catalog! Had a good laugh over it. The Wilson cutter (and also Sinclair's) is ground to cut steel, and will work OK. The resharpened cutter cuts brass like a hot knife going thru butter, and leaves very little burr to remove.

A Wilson trim tool is very easy to rebuild, and the worst part is the cutter. So don't be afraid to buy one off Ebay next to nothing.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.