What are you doing to get ready for backpack hunting

Up to 5 mile ruck runs with 60lbs of sand in my ruck and the 4-month horseman training program Where are my fellow devils at?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Constantly Varied Functional Movements Executed At High Intensity

3-5 days Per Week depending on loads

Not for everyone, but it works for me. An example of a week of workouts...

Monday
For time:
2000M row
9 155lb snatches
1000M row
15 155lb snatches
500M row
21 155lb snatches
Tuesday
For time
100 Pullups
100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
Wednesday
Rest
Thursday
Run 5K
Friday
As many reps as possible in 20 minutes of
5 handstand pushups
10 bodyweight deadlifts

Weekends:
Play with kiddo, walk dog, hike with dog, do yardwork, bowhunt, squeeze in another workout if feeling good, watch a football game, drink a beer or two..

Eat real food: wild game, garden vegetables, fruit, other animals, occasional bowl of ice cream, some pizza, a few sandwiches.

Take the stairs, do something the hard way, try not to be a wuss.

i am at a disadvantage because i live 12' above sea level. I do a lot of the goruck challenges and that helps a ton. I do however get the benefit of working out outside all winter in shorts. I load my ruck and hike/swim through a 6 mile path through the ocean sandbars. its awesome work out.

I have recently added the gas mask to my work outs and it gets me a lot of attention from the police as people report some weirdo. Its fun.

I love the gas mask idea. Anything to get them going.
With the backpack on around the block, some people think
I am a homeless old man looking for a back yard to hide in. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.