What are the different shooting classes?

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Where can I find a list of the different classes, and the equipment limitations in each?

Thanks, Steve

A better question is what are the different disciplines, as each has its own classes and requirements.

Fclass go to longrange target shooting.com and they have the official NRA rules basically, "open and FTR". FTR is limited to 308 and 223, while open is everything else up to 22 lbs and no muzzlebrakes basically.

BR- 600 and 1000 Both PA, IBS and NBRSA have rules, go to BR central and click on links there. Generally light and heavy gun with LG 17 lbs and under and heavy anything else up to 40 caliber.

Ground hog matches- no national rules, all local and differ from club to club

Egg shoots-- google Hickory Egg shoot as the most famous but not the only one.

Sniper/tactical no national rules, all local matches go to www.snipershide.com in the forums and they have a thread on all of them.

BH

Thanks for the reply BH. I am toying with the idea of trying some. I shot archery competitively for many years, and am afraid it will take over my life like the archery did. There is too much backpacking, fishing, and hunting that I will miss out on.:D

What is this wowgold? I am afraid to click on it.

Steve

What is this wowgold? I am afraid to click on it.

Leave it alone !!!! It is not worth finding out as several gun related websites have been deliberately hacked.

Email Len that there is spam on this thread.

Every once in a while a spammer will figure out how to get through the safety blocks of the forum software.

Where is the spam, link?

Len,

It was between #3 & #4. It is now gone like it was not there. The same poster w/ the same post was on several different threads this AM. The posters name was sellwowgold2 or something like that.

Thanks Len,

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts