What are good bullets for deer with the 7mm RM?

ABs were designed by Nosler to perform the same as Partitions, except they have a polytip which makes themmore aerodynamic. They are designed to open relatively quickly, lose about 35%, and penetrate. Test, by others, have proven that the PT penetrates a little more because the AB opens a little more. I prefer hunting bullets to match bullets because they were designed for hunting! Others disagree. capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had good results with a 140 accubond in a 7mm saum. I'm going to try 175 sierra gamekings this year.

Tyler,

I also shoot a 7mm Mag. I have explored the different bullet choices for the caliber & what I have narrowed it down to is the AccuBond. Great bullet & accurate! Each gun is different you know, but to have so much feed back from others that have used the bullet that this is an outstanding bullet choice. Well -- this bullet has developed a reputation for accuracy and clean kills. Remember accuracy kills & if you decide to take a shot on the shoulder -- well you can see what happend from buffalobobs shoulder shot picture. Highly recomded the(AccuBond).. Oh, I'm shooting the 140gr & clovering 3 shot groups. Accuracy kills! Best of luck.

I have a sako 75 7 rum. Her choice of fodder consists of 160 Accubonds with 94 gr of retumbo. This load yields 3205 fps and shoots in the 1/2" range.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.