What Anemometer?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by alcesgigas, May 3, 2012.

1. alcesgigas

alcesgigas Well-Known Member

Still putting my Edge together--now I'd like to pick brains--again, but this time for a solid, dependable, and consistently accurate anemometer. So please flood me your experiences and thanks in advance.

2. bowhunthard

bowhunthard Well-Known Member

What features are you looking for? Are you going to pair it with PDA ballistics software?

I personally use the Kestrel 4500 series, and I love it! But, depending on what features you need, there may be other ones that will fit the bill for cheaper lol.

3. alcesgigas

What about that 4500NV with Bluetooth and Horus Atrag? Sounds like something--but is it worth it?

4. bowhunthard

I have the 4500NV with bluetooth, but opted to go with a different ballistics program source. Mine works great! I also bought the weather vane mount.

5. alcesgigas

You have a 4500 w/Bluetooth and put a ballistics program in it? Or are you using another device to house the ballistic program (s)? I checked out Shooter and it does look like I'll be going that route, but still not solid on that...

6. bowhunthard

4500NV with bluetooth, and a separate ballistics device. It works fine. I've been checking out the GSeven pda and I'll probably be going that route in about a month. Right now it's run off my laptop or phone.