What an Obama presidency Means to Us

There is nothing wierd about it, I have read enough, but it is not important whether you know that or not really. Let's see how it plays out, I would love to think that he could sit in Mr. Wrights Church for 20 years & not hear or if he did hear, not agree with the message. I would have walked after the first racist sermon, but that's me.

Or he may not have meant it when he refered to white man's greed in his own book, who knows. Yea, wierd stuff.

We don't have to agree & we can ignore everything in the past like his extreme antigun voting record if you choose, works for you I suppose.

Last edited:
Did you mean lose with winners than win with losers? Guess I recognize that I am confused now.

But I still don't warm to the racist remarks. Do you really believe he's going to implement racist driven change. If so, how? I'm missing that concern.

I tend to agree with RTV. Obama will have his hands full with BIG problems. Maybe in his 4th year he'll have time for pettiness.

Yes, thanks for fixing it. And I don't think you should be concerned, if you havn't been, why start?

We don't have to agree & we can ignore everything in the past like his extreme antigun voting record if you choose, works for you I suppose.

Maybe you just have a hard time reading or listening. I did not and do not support Obama. I dont like Obamas thoughts on guns. My guy lost and that is a bummer. Your comments are off the wall and out of touch with what is important. What are you going to do about it now??????? Remember our guy lost. So now support the NRA. Support organizations that support the values that are important to you and sportsmen like me. Ranting about how he is a racist is silly and makes you look foolish. That is like someone saying bush is a racist because he came from Texas or something foolish like that. Just focus on the real fact that we need to protect our rights in our new environment.

My point (to be clear) is that when you make remarks that are foolish in nature makes you look foolish. Support those that will help us support our way of life and get over that fact that Obama won. It happens at every election - someone wins and someone loses. If you make comments that make sense people will take you seriously. JMHO

Maybe you just have a hard time reading or listening. I did not and do not support Obama. I dont like Obamas thoughts on guns. My guy lost and that is a bummer. Your comments are off the wall and out of touch with what is important. What are you going to do about it now??????? Remember our guy lost. So now support the NRA. Support organizations that support the values that are important to you and sportsmen like me. Ranting about how he is a racist is silly and makes you look foolish. That is like someone saying bush is a racist because he came from Texas or something foolish like that. Just focus on the real fact that we need to protect our rights in our new environment.

My point (to be clear) is that when you make remarks that are foolish in nature makes you look foolish. Support those that will help us support our way of life and get over that fact that Obama won. It happens at every election - someone wins and someone loses. If you make comments that make sense people will take you seriously. JMHO

"Foolish in Nature"? OK Jer. Wright never happened & I am foolish in nature to say I would not listen to that for 20 years.
Actually I am not ranting, you are, I mentioned it & moved on,but you want to keep bringing it up, I am ready to drop it, why would trying to convince you concerning this matter be of importance to me?
You look like a fool because you aren't aware, so forget it. I look like a fool to you & you look like a fool to me, no problem. I don't want him to be a racist, so I have no reason to just say it. If you are capable, Let's forget it, he is elected.

Last edited:
I am very upset about Obama winning the Presidency, because I strongly disagree with his policies. The man has no expeirence at all and is not qualified for the job. However, he won, so I congradulate him on his historic victory, and I am very happy for every African American in this country. The good I see that came out of this is that this proves that America is NOT a racist country. People like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Luis Farakan, the NAACP and the ACLU should probably start looking for new jobs. The hate speech that these people and agencies spew about America being a Rascist Country was just shatterd when Obama was elected. Also, does this mean that we can get rid of affirmative action? I also don't think minorities will be able to use the race card anymore and that's the good that will also come out of Obama's victory. He is our President now, I don't like it at all, however, I will not hate him like the left hated Bush. Obama is an American, and I will honor the office of the Presidency. I hope he decides to govern more towards the center instead of the left, but I feel that his record proves he will govern to the left and that's where things will get scary. I believe he will be tested early, and I believe the test will come when Isreal goes after Iran which I believe they now have to do because of Obama being elected. I also think he will be tested by another terrorist attack in the US. Remember, Bush has kept this country safe, from terrorist attackes, for the past seven years. I do believe Obama will not be ready for this and the terrorists know it. I hope I am wrong, but if history is an indicator, I think the chances are pretty high. I hope all the Obama supporters are ready for this challange. They got what they wanted and they better be prepared.

TheReeper,

Good words.

I don't think people realize the seriousness of this though. Democratic House, Democratic Senate, Liberal President. He tends to lean WAY left, this is fact, check his voting record when he was an Illinois Senator. I'm not worried though, I'll just kick my feet up and watch. Someone mentioned J. Carter. That was before my time, so maybe that is a good comparison of where we're at. But I tend to believe that Carter was more of an American the Obama. I mean face it, Obama even said something to the effect that he is not a citizen of America, but a citizen of the world. Now that is chilling. Remember the UN treaties. They'll probably try and continue to ram them down our throats.

Does anyone know how Israel is taking this yet?

Re: Obama - Your President

Knatador - I really, really, really, really, feel your pain. You got your rear kicked yesterday, and your entire belief system blown apart at the seams - rejected. Tears me apart. Now you've got every reason to pout like a baby for at least the next four years. Does claiming Obama's a racist make your ohwwee feel better? Did you try some ouchless bandaids?

You couldn't even convince your co-residents in Florida to vote McCain. They sided with Obama in spite of your enlightened status, presence, and preaching. Oh, the shame to live amongst traitors, and the misery of the realization that no matter how correct you believe yourself to be, more than half of your neighbors disagree with you. You might actually know what it feels like to be victim of racism now that you find yourself in the minority.

The anti-American chant continues from this blabbering fool. We do not capitulate to his liberal side just because we lost a battle. The loathsome Obama propaganda machine won his heart and the heart of the masses just as has been done in South America. This individual would have cried foul or racism if his lord Obama had lost. His necessity for big government is a sign of weakness not strength. In essence he is the real loser. He will keep up his stupid reasoning because he can't help his pathological self.

I am very upset about Obama winning the Presidency, because I strongly disagree with his policies. The man has no expeirence at all and is not qualified for the job. However, he won, so I congradulate him on his historic victory, and I am very happy for every African American in this country. The good I see that came out of this is that this proves that America is NOT a racist country. People like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Luis Farakan, the NAACP and the ACLU should probably start looking for new jobs. The hate speech that these people and agencies spew about America being a Rascist Country was just shatterd when Obama was elected. Also, does this mean that we can get rid of affirmative action? I also don't think minorities will be able to use the race card anymore and that's the good that will also come out of Obama's victory. He is our President now, I don't like it at all, however, I will not hate him like the left hated Bush. Obama is an American, and I will honor the office of the Presidency. I hope he decides to govern more towards the center instead of the left, but I feel that his record proves he will govern to the left and that's where things will get scary. I believe he will be tested early, and I believe the test will come when Isreal goes after Iran which I believe they now have to do because of Obama being elected. I also think he will be tested by another terrorist attack in the US. Remember, Bush has kept this country safe, from terrorist attackes, for the past seven years. I do believe Obama will not be ready for this and the terrorists know it. I hope I am wrong, but if history is an indicator, I think the chances are pretty high. I hope all the Obama supporters are ready for this challange. They got what they wanted and they better be prepared.

You make some very valid points. As you pointed out Obama is not qualified and that is a real concern. I was the owner of two small business' for 14 years (sold them) and I never hired someone that did not know what they were doing. I could not even think of hiring someone like that because I would be paying them for nothing. Who has the funds to do that? In many ways that is the way I feel about Obama. He was/is a masterful fund raiser. He is one of the slickest salesmen I have ever seen but as you say he lacks experience where it matters.

I hope you are right in saying that the race card has been squashed. It would be nice to see that go away.

The Democrats got everything they wanted. There are no excuses now. I hope they can help the economy and deal with foreign policy. Most of all I hope they treat our troops with the respect they deserve. I hope they dont turn their backs on the men and women that have served us so well. It will be an interesting four years. We will all need to stay on our toes and support those organizations that support us. It will help us have a voice.

Last edited:
As to the question implied in the title of this thread:

1) most likely no action on reducing illegal immigration, and most likely amnesty for
those here, and no help stopping illegals from working;

2) taxes on non-green businesses similar to those on cigarettes, your cost for electricity
from coal will probably skyrocket;

3) added subsidies for ethanol from corn will drive groceries and gasohol higher,
subsidies to every form of green energy will add greatly to energy costs;

4) Supreme Court will not change quickly since the oldest and most likely to leave soon
are leftists too ( Stevens 88 & Ginsburg 75), but Scalia 72 may not be that far behind.
Obama will nominate left leaning AND YOUNG justices meaning they will be around for
a long time;

5) healthcare and social security taxes will probably be the first and biggest changes to
our lives. I suspect a single payer system will be what congress wants whether it is
Obama's plan or not. All Countries with these systems ration peoples healthcare so that
will be a shock to our system, but rationing may be a ways off in the future when the
massive costs become apparent;

etc., etc, etc!

edge.

PS 6) change in MidEast policy will probably lead to the end of Israel and the rebirth of Palestine...and the expansion of Iran into Iraq.
With no energy of our own we will be at the mercy of Russia and the Middle East Countries to an extent never before seen.

Last edited:
Re: Obama - Your President

The anti-American chant continues from this blabbering fool. We do not capitulate to his liberal side just because we lost a battle. The loathsome Obama propaganda machine won his heart and the heart of the masses just as has been done in South America. This individual would have cried foul or racism if his lord Obama had lost. His necessity for big government is a sign of weakness not strength. In essence he is the real loser. He will keep up his stupid reasoning because he can't help his pathological self.

Boo hooo hoooo. Mad mad mad. Pout pout pout. Lose lose lose. Ohwee, ohwee ohwee. Your sky is falling. Wolf, wolf, wolf. You better bunker down & batten the hatches for the next 8 years. It'll take longer than that before you'll see anything that even remotely resembles a Bush administration. Bush and his supporters finally went so far overboard that people puked at the thought of any more of the same. What'd ya think they were gonna do? Vote for 4 more years of the plague? It was relatively easy to predict this one. Time for your Knatador reality check.

Re: Not so happy edge

As to the question implied in the title of this thread:

1) most likely no action on reducing illegal immigration, and most likely amnesty for
those here, and no help stopping illegals from working;

2) taxes on non-green businesses similar to those on cigarettes, your cost for electricity
from coal will probably skyrocket;

3) added subsidies for ethanol from corn will drive groceries and gasohol higher,
subsidies to every form of green energy will add greatly to energy costs;

4) Supreme Court will not change quickly since the oldest and most likely to leave soon
are leftists too ( Stevens 88 & Ginsburg 75), but Scalia 72 may not be that far behind.
Obama will nominate left leaning AND YOUNG justices meaning they will be around for
a long time;

5) healthcare and social security taxes will probably be the first and biggest changes to
our lives. I suspect a single payer system will be what congress wants whether it is
Obama's plan or not. All Countries with these systems ration peoples healthcare so that
will be a shock to our system, but rationing may be a ways off in the future when the
massive costs become apparent;

etc., etc, etc!

edge.

PS 6) change in MidEast policy will probably lead to the end of Israel and the rebirth of Palestine...and the expansion of Iran into Iraq.
With no energy of our own we will be at the mercy of Russia and the Middle East Countries to an extent never before seen.

You might as well give up edge. You couldn't see that Hillery was out of it. You couldn't see that McCain was out of it. You couldn't see that Sarah was a selection of desparation. After being wrong wrong wrong on the obvious, we have no expectation you're gonna call it right now. Better go resharpen your senses. Maybe change your alias to blunt - you've lost the edge.

You forgot about the part about the sky is falling!

(Over-the) Edge, good to see you angry as usual.

Guys, as a republican, I'm not sad that McCain lost. I'm sad that the Republicans lost touch.

Rudy Guilianni said that McCain ran a great campaign and "no one could have done better."

That is the problem with the GOP, they can't come clean. The party is in disarray and needs to be fixed. Bush screwed it up and instead of correcting our own we cover it up. Right after the election Republicans started talking about Palin in 2012. Gimme a break. The republicans need to re-group and get their act together. Obama kept saying "8 years of failed economic policy" and Biden said "more of the same." They were right, the past 8 years were a disaster. But, the republicans didn't make people feel that McCain & Palin were different.'

So, go ahead and tell me I'm not a republican and that I'm a marxist. And keep pretending that that the GOP is not broken.

The reality is that Obama won because the GOP lost.

The other TROLL appears, and starts off with I'm a Republican but.....!
Get real, you are a fauxworthless clone come to destroy threads.

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.