What about Tikka's??

remingtonman_25_06

What about Tikka\'s??

My dad just bought a 7 mag at sportsmans due to there customer appreciaton sale. He ended up buying a Tikka lite. Tikka guaruntees 1 MOA, trigger is at 3lbs, adjustable from 2-4, free floated barrel. He ended up paying about $500. Not to bad considering what you get. I suspect with fine tuned reloads .5 MOA is easily achievable. We have no prior experience with Tikka, but I am about to soon developing loads for it. Just wondering why no one on here talks about them. Are they not that popular, are they not that accurate as they claim? Lets hear it from the people who own them or shot them, or know someone who has them. Any info appreciated.

Re: What about Tikka\'s??

Most guys on LRH shoot customs or semi-customs. Tikkas are rarely customized. Hardly any bells and whistles available. Tikkas also have an odd-ball recoil lug setup that some shooters are uncomfortable with.

With that being said, I find the Tikkas to be some of the most accurate out-of-the-box rifles made. My 7mm08 will normally shoot inder 1.5" @ 200yds and has occasionally shot better. I had my smith bed the loose recoil lug right into the stock, thus, eliminating any movement under recoil. It didn't seem to help or hurt accuracy. But, at least the lug doesn't fall off every time I remove the barreled action. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had a few Tikkas, and out off the box they are as good as any. Reload for them and they can shoot a dream, however the mags were a pain in the butt at times. All in all though they make for a good Hunting combo and can be played with a bit. They are also better than a lot of others makes out there.

Well........ I have one now, it started out in Life as a 595 in .243; but has been breathed on and is now rebarreled in .260 with a 26" Shilen Barrel, #4 profiled to match the original action, McMillan stock, Trigger worked on only, as the standard trigger is ok for normal hunting.

I am not a long range in USA terms shot, as the opportunities are relatively few and far between in the UK.

However it shoots 1/2 MOA with 100Gn Nosler BTs over Fed GM210 primers, 44 Gn Vit 160. Lapua 243 Brass resized to .260 and neck turned.

There is a pic of it on the site today if youre interested under the McMillan stocks topic in Equipment.

Probably not everyones choice, but in .260 it is adequate for everything except Boar in UK......... and it is still a Tikka and it works for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.