Western Powders Blackhorn 209

Ian M

I was just down in Miles City, MT to do get acquainted with a new muzzleloader propellant. This nitro cellulose based powder burns cleanly and uniformly. Accuracy with a new TC Triumph was very good at the 100 yard range. After 20 shots the barrel cleaned completely with five moist patches. Even after shooting and removing the breach plug there was not much residue left in the bore.
Lots of smoke, about same velocities as other black powder substitutes, very easy to clean. Looks like we have another choice for our front stuffers.

When will it be available in stores? I shoot my Muzzleloader's weekly. I really enjoy it. I have used lots of different powders. Would love to try a cleaner one.

JE, rtv,
To be honest we were so busy with some projects I did not discuss black powder cartridges but I can get that for you on Monday or Tues. As for availability, they will introduce it at SHOT and I believe they have it on hand at their facility now. Again I will ask about availability time when I check out the cartridge question. I will be in touch with them Mon a.m. I believe.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.