Western Nebraska Deer Hunting

walkinhorseman

I am going to be moving to Sidney, Nebraska shortly. Can anyone give me an idea of the deer and antelope hunting opportunities within a 2 hour driving radius of Sidney? That actually puts you in Colorado and Wyoming, in addition to Nebraska. Is there any amount of publicly open ground or do you have to establish relationships with farmers and ranchers to access hunting ground?

I am going to be moving to Sidney, Nebraska shortly. Can anyone give me an idea of the deer and antelope hunting opportunities within a 2 hour driving radius of Sidney? That actually puts you in Colorado and Wyoming, in addition to Nebraska. Is there any amount of publicly open ground or do you have to establish relationships with farmers and ranchers to access hunting ground?
There is not much public land within 2 hrs of Sidney Ne . It is mostly all private farm and ranch land, but most people in that part of the country are real friendly folks and I dont think you will have any trouble getting permission to hunt deer and antelope. You will have a harder time getting a tag. Colo, Wyo,and Neb are all limited draw for tags.

Thanks for the feedback. I have horses so I will be talking to farmers about hay. Haven't spent much time there but people do seem very congenial. That's certainly a contrast from New England.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts