weighing cases

scirroco

hi
i have just weighed nearly 300 rws 7x64 cases and got nearly 150 at 200 grains or just over,60 cases av 197g another lot 194g and some at 184g!
when you guys wigh your cases how much difference in grains is acceptable?
thanks in advance
scirroco

That is horrible!!

Lapua will vary 1-2%MAX in several hundred cases. not 7% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You NEED to report that lot of cases to RWS ASAP!

and please report back here...

JB

hi jb100r
thanks for your reply
the cases where once fired ,that 2 friends in france collected for me from the shooting ranges and friends so quite not outta the same batch! but still a large amount of variation! as 7x64 in the uk is as rare as hens teeth but the most popular calibre in europe! if you go into a gunshop and ask for 7x64 ammo ,they will reply did you mean 7x57!
regards scirroco
ive shot the 7x64 for 3 years fantastic round,150 swift scirrocos @2970fps out of a sako

[ QUOTE ]
hi jb100r
thanks for your reply
the cases where once fired ,that 2 friends in france collected for me from the shooting ranges and friends so quite not outta the same batch! but still a large amount of variation! as 7x64 in the uk is as rare as hens teeth but the most popular calibre in europe! if you go into a gunshop and ask for 7x64 ammo ,they will reply did you mean 7x57!
regards scirroco
ive shot the 7x64 for 3 years fantastic round,150 swift scirrocos @2970fps out of a sako

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in that case, i would batch them as you mentioned and dont mix batches while shooting.

THough, that still seems like a LOT of variation, even from multiple lots. I would still contact RWS.

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts