Week of R&R in Colorado, What to do or see

G

GNERGY

The GF and I are heading to Colorado, staying in Boulder for some sight seeing and cooler temps ( from the AZ heat ) Any suggestions on things to do or places of interest. Besides my hunting trips this is the first vacation we have taken in a while.
Thanks in advance.
Tarey

If you like the outdoors and you must in the future you ought to check out some of the float trips offered on the major rivers here in Idaho. The Middle Fork of the Salmon the main Salmon and the Lower Snake are great. There are many more and there is always the Colorado River.

Tour as much of it as you can. My wife and I went down to pueblo, colorado springs, manitou springs and took a road trip through the middle part of the state. It is really a beautiful state.

Long way from Boulder, but Mesa Verde in the SW corner of the state is worth a visit. Campground is at 10 000 ft ! Saw some interesting critters and climbing around those caves will literally take your breath away... Monument Valley is not too far from there either. I don't personally care for Colorado east of the rocky mts, nor the ski areas (I70 corridor) but get over the front range to the smaller places in the mountains and it is pretty nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts