Website payment poll

Would it matter to you if a firearms accessory company had a PayPal shopping cart?

• Yes, I would not buy their product.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No, I would still buy their product.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I don't care what kind of cart they have as long as their product is good.

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters

762frmafr

So the question is, if a firearms accessory company had a PayPal shopping cart would that turn you off of the site? Please vote and discuss. The PayPal cart allows you to pay with a credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.

Let me know if i'm wrong. I've had people say Pay Pal won't deal with gun related items. Maybe it was just between private sales. I don't know.

So the question is, if a firearms accessory company had a PayPal shopping cart would that turn you off of the site? Please vote and discuss. The PayPal cart allows you to pay with a credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.

Yes please give the premis behind this poll? If they are anti gun please tell us and give some proof?

About 1/3 of our sales in the LRH Store are through PayPal by choice of the customer.

I know they won't knowingly allow firearms sales but we don't use PP for that.

I have also heard that they are anti gun. I do use them in certain instances but I'd rather not. I'd like them to have other options.

Randy

I always assumed they don't allow online payment for firearms because the risk of credit card fraud is much higher with online sales, and then even more so with online firearms sales.

I purchased a gun from a Forum member a couple years back and provided PayPal payment. Neither of us were aware of PayPal's policy of no firearms sales/purchases. PayPal reimbursed my account for the payment, and then cancelled the seller's account. One strike and you're out. I felt badly for the seller but the damage had already been done, and could not be undone. Again, neither of us were aware of the PayPal policy at the time. They didn't cancel my PayPal account as buyer. They closed down the seller's account. Seemed pretty harsh to me. We didn't violate any laws. But the sale violated PayPal's policies. The seller talked to PayPal and learned they have zero tolerance for any firearm sales.

I can see the potential for this Thread to get out-of-control lively, after PayPal's policy is published. PayPal and eBay are the same company, as I understand it. Their policies on firearms sales are going to be just about identical. No, no, and no.

I still purchase some items with PayPal. They don't seem to lead the anti-gun charge from a bully pulpit. But their policies have every appearance of anti-gun. Could be as innocent as they don't care to expose themselves to the risk of litigation of anything firearm related. Or it could be more sinister.

PS: If they become outspoken anti-gun (campaign anti-gun for sake of forcing their preferences on the rest of us), I suppose I would cease PayPal payments for anything. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to financially empower any company after confirmation of their goals and ambitions to prevent pursuit and enjoyment of my hobbies and chosen lifestyle.

Last edited:
PS: If they become outspoken anti-gun (campaigned anti-gun for sake of forcing their preferences on the rest of us), I suppose I would cease PayPal payments for anything. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to financially empower any company after confirmation of their goals and ambitions to prevent pursuit and enjoyment of my hobbies and chosen lifestyle.

At the end of the day, I think PP cares about their bottom line. I don't think they will put that in jeopardy.

before nosler had the shooters pro shop they sold through kind of like an ebay auction site . I bought some bullets , not ammo , a few different times with no problem . I'd receive a paypal invoice and just pay it with paypal . I didn't get an invoice the one time so I called nosler to check on what was going on . they told me paypal would no longer do business with them .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts