Weaver Tactical Question

royinidaho

Got a Weaver Tactical. No sun shade. Want one.

Question: Do any of the Weaver 40mm sun shades fit the Tactical?

emailed Weaver - no response,

TNX
RNC

Roy, I wish I could answer your question... I dunno.

But I do want to ask you what you impression of the Weaver Tactical scope is. Is it the 3 to 9 or the 4.5 to 14?

I know that Weaver has discontinued these. They have a first focal plane mildot reticle, right?

Dan

Heard about them from Kirby Allen. He has several. Uses them on those super hooty AMs @ 10X for long range.

Found a used one at SWFA when they had backordered a Super Sniper. Asked them what they had laying around. Had just taken the Weaver in on trade. So I snapped it up.

Recall on the 270 mtn rifle thread I mentioned firing 11 shots at a deer after the first one. I was so used to that 270 and Leuy Duplex that I used it for rough ranging.

Huge Muley buck got up in front of me. I saw the movement and immediately put the scope on him. When I put that rifle to shoulder the target is always inside the wide bars of the duplex. Darn he seemed a ways away. Held on top of back, hit where aimed. Did it again and again and again and again. When they have horns especially BIG horns I tend to freak out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Finally figured I was on 3X instead of 9X. Had just come out of "the cedars". By then he was a long ways away. I just kept shooting.

The next wednesday some kid got him. Rack as wide as a pickup bed. Well huge any way. I could of cried. Probably did.....

Last weekend I set the Steel yote out at 735 and plunked it a couple of times. Then noted that the scope was on 10X instead of 14X. Ya, know, it didn't make a difference. Priceless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yep Its a 4.5 x 14.
Yep,Its first focal plane. Wouldn't have it any other way.
The 338 Win w/brake knocks the squat out of things. The burris signature rings hold it steady.

1/8 MOA clicks and plenty of them.

Repeatable clicks.

Bright and good field of view.

With sun low in the sky, my range is southerly, ya gotta have a shade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Only need one drop chart regardless of power. With my other Mil Dot scope I have one drop chart for 10X and another for 20X. AND have been on the wrong prower and right drop chart a couple of times. Brings back that Buck memory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The only think comparable that "I" know of is the Super Sniper but its fixed power. Like them too.

Roy; Did you get my email about a week ago, telling you where you could buy a new 4.5-14 Weaver Tactical? I emailed it to you first rather than post it here just to be sure you had a chance to buy one before they were all gone. Let me know if you are interested. A new one may still be in stock for $319.00. I checked about a week ago and there was still inventory on hand.

Stocks getting lower guys, I just got 2 more on the door step yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you think you would like to buy a 4.5-14 Weaver Tactical brand new in the box, let me know and I'll email you the information on a supplier that may still have inventory on them. I didn't want to post it here without you having a chance to order one first. The stock is limited.

Hi: E-mails sent to both of you. If you do not receive the info let me know and I'll try again.

Sorry...I was out of town for a couple of days. E-Mail sent. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.