Weatherby vs. T/C vs. Browning?

In response to your OP I have a browning x-bolt hunter in 270 wsm. With my handloads I can get a cloverleaf at 100 yards all day. With factory federal 130 gr NBT it would shoot 3/4" groups at 100. I've had two vanguard "s1" one in a 257 weatherby and one in a 270 wsm. Both shot good but neither would shoot groups like my x-bolt. I know it's in a different caliber of what you're lookin at but just some feedback on accuracy from personal experience

Thank you everybody for the feedback. From the replies and more research, I have ruled out the Browning and T/C. But I have also done some more persistent looking into some Savage rifles and a few caught my eye. So here is my updated list.

Weatherby vanguard S2 blued - 25-06
Savage 111 BTH blued - 25-06
Savage 111 Long Range Hunter - 6.5-284
Savage 110 predator hunter blued - 6.5-284

Again I have no experience with weatherby. I have owned a savage axis in a .223 which I sold to be replaced by one of the four above. So what do you guys think? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
~TJ

I personally would go with a savage 6.5 284, I wanted a heavier barrel than the 111 LRH had so I bought the limited ( Cabelas ) 116 stainless heavy fluted 6.5 284. Both have a 24 inch barrel , but the LRH has a brake on it, in my opinion it is not needed for that caliber... If you buy the 110PH you will end up needing a cheek piece for it if you use a large objective scope, the LRH already has one. Lots of guys are having great sucess with both, its a great cartridge with lots of options... Just my opinion

Thanks highcountry, I'll be putting a 40mm objective scope on it so I don't think a cheek piece will be needed. I think I'm leaning towards the 110 PH.

Thanks highcountry, I'll be putting a 40mm objective scope on it so I don't think a cheek piece will be needed. I think I'm leaning towards the 110 PH.

Good choice. heard its a real good shooter. Heard of a couple people that have had them in a 6.5 Creedmoor and were getting 1/4 moa @100 yards. 6.5x284 will serve you well. My dad has a t/c icon precision hunter in a Creedmoor and what a sweetheart of a rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.