weatherby or remington 700

As the problem on all the forums, most people regurgitate the brands they hear the most of and repeat what they have read in other forums or repeat what has been ingrained into them. The truth of the matter is the Vanguard is actually not a Weatherby. It is a Howa 1500. It typically out shoots a Remington 9 times out of ten. The down fall is the short barrel they install on them. You have to put time and a little amount of money to get the Remington to shoot like the Howa/ Vanguard. The positives on the Remington is the modifications/parts are well known and easily done. Neither are a wrong choice. For the money you can not beat a Accumark for a hunting rifle. For a paper puncher I am sure a custom builder could do a little better. I do read this forum from time to time and laugh my ***** of on some of the stuff people say thinking the internet has made them all knowledgeable. My saying is."The internet has now made us pros overnight" On person that speaks from experience on this site is JE Custom. I can agree with him 99% of the time. Very knowledgeable he is.

Do your research. You are doing the same thing you accuse others of. I have 3 Vanguard's, 6 or 7 Mark V. German, Japan, USA Atascadaro, USA Paso Robles.

A Vanguard built by Howa is a Weatherby, just like my German Mark V is a Weather by built by JP Sauer. Now part of Sig Saber.

The How's 1500. Mossberg 1500, S&W 1500 and I think another came into existence at the same time or after the Vanguard. You can not interchange all in parts at will though some you can.

Biggest thing for me, they are straight and don't need to be 'trued'.

You ever upgraded a Vanguard?

Don't answer because it's no.

Its just as easy and cheaper to "mod" the weather by because it does Not need "trueing"

"Weather by does not need truing"? because they are already "true" like a custom - Bat, surgeon, nesika?? interesting.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I now have a Remington 700 7mm adl. I'm going to put it into a Bell and Carlson Alaskan II Stock. And convert from adl to bdl. Now I have to find a 20-30 MOA rail, any suggestions? After this I might call it done, unless you guys think I'm missing something. Thanks again for all the input.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I now have a Remington 700 7mm adl. I'm going to put it into a Bell and Carlson Alaskan II Stock. And convert from adl to bdl. Now I have to find a 20-30 MOA rail, any suggestions? After this I might call it done, unless you guys think I'm missing something. Thanks again for all the input.
http://xtremehardcoregear.com/tru_level_pic_rail.html

Have them, love them. Rifle cant can be a huge POI error so for me, level level level.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.