weatherby action

max69

I have a mark V 300 with tupperware stock, have not been able to develop an accurate load. Considering a Pacnor barrel in 300 ultra.Any thoughts on quality aftermarket stocks?Rifle will be carried.I would like to make an accurate medium range rig but don't know if this worth pursuing on this action. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks

Check out: http://www.mcmfamily.com/mfsinc_n/weatherbyspecials.html

McMillan made the best factory Weatherby stocks many years ago but they switched to a cheaper source. Can't beat McMillan and the above is their internet specials, they stocks are available and slightly cheaper than usual.

Our sythetic stocked factory Weatherbys do not like Harris bipods, shoot very well off the sandbags but not good off bipods.

Wood, HS Precision also makes a nice stock that fits #2 and #3 barrel contour, got an HS stock on my Rem. s/s 708, love it. The Weatherby model stock has the high comb, like the factory rifles. hsprecision.com. Jay

Hey Ian, talked to the boys at HS, they told me that they made the first synthetic stocks for Weatherby, before Weatherby went to Bell and Carlson. They also told me that you could tell the differance by looking at the pad. The B&C stocks use Pachmeyer Decelerator and H.S. makes there own with there name on it.

toes,
I am talking about a model that was available well before the H-S stocks, it was called the Fibermark or something like that. Believe it was the first composite stocked Weatherby, real solid and fairly heavy stock. Then they went with the H-S which was a pretty good unit and now they are using B&C.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.