Weatherby Accurizing

GetSmart, I appreciate your interest in my problem. barrel shot out, probably not. I've tried more powder and loads than I care to comment on. As mentioned previously, I can get very nice groups with load A on Saturday then Sunday Load A opens up. I went as far as match prepping my loads, weighing cases, bullets ect. I have had the rifle for four years now and easily put 500 plus rounds down the tube. I did follow Weatherby's sequence with torquing the action screws down to 65inch pounds. After four years I think I'm going to throw in the towel and replace the barrel. Possibly go to the 6.5 STW. I reload for several other rifles with excellent results so I must place the blame on this particular rifle. I will never flame a Weatherby or any other gun for that matter, it does live up to its 1.5" guarantee. For me, with my new long-range bug I need to stay sub-moa...I appreciate you attention to this detail. TOT Fifty.....Wade

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.