Weatherby 20 MOA base?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by SHW, May 10, 2007.

1. SHW

SHW Active Member

Who makes a 20 moa base for weatherby long actions?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe they're the same as Rem 700 LA......

3. SHW

SHW Active Member

Thanks I did not know that.

4. Willys46

Willys46 Well-Known Member

Three to check out.
    Ken Farrel- this is the one i purchased. Had to ahev the gun smith fit it when it arrived. It was about .001 too long and hit the bolt when closing. Had the gunsmith mill the end off to fit.

Near Manafacturing--They were expensive but great quality i hear.
    Seekings rings and Bases--When I puchased mine he did not have a pattern made yet. If he did I would have purchased his.

I hear they are the same as a Rem action aswell. Might want to check the hole spacing on all 4 holes before purchasing.

Cody

5. a308hammer

a308hammer Member

I just purchased a 25moa Picatinny base for a Rem. 700 in .300WM from Evolution Gun Works (EGW) at www.egw-guns.com . The fit was the best I have seen so far, with a very good selection. Price is right at $40.00

6. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

In my experience using Rem 700 bases on a Mark 5 action needs about a .020" shim in the rear to get the elevation right. Using the proper Weatherby bases will avoid this. Near makes the best one piece base. I use Leupold double dovetail bases with Burris Signature rings. I used the offset inserts to get 20 MOA in my mounts. At 100 yards I am one turn from all the way down on my elevation with 4 to 5 turns left for elevation. At 1000 yards I am in the middle of my adjustment on my 8.5-25x50 VX-III.