weather meters speedtech or kestrel?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by new shooter, Mar 4, 2007.

1. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

I am looking at eather a speedtech windmate 350 or kestrel 4000 pocket weather meter.My new sinclair 2007 catalog has the new windmate 350 as having current,average,and maximum wind speed plus digital wind direction in degrees also cross and head/tail wind readings,Has anybody read any thing on the digital wind direction or cross and head/tail wind readings? I was thinking of getting the kestrel 4000 but i didn,t see where it had the digital wind direction in degrees or the cross and head/tail wind reading,So what do you guys thank.Witch one is the best for LRH? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. murf

murf Well-Known Member

newshooter,

To be honest I have never used the speedtech but own and use a kestrel 4000. The kestrel does a whole lot more than my needs require and hasn't let me down. As far as wind direction, my software (Exbal) asks for wind direction in (o'clock) format, such as 3.0 o'clock 9.0 o'clock etc... so I am not familiar with inputting degrees in relation to wind direction. I hope this has helped and not caused you more confusion.

Murf

3. buffalorancher

buffalorancher Writers Guild

I ordered a Speedtech 350 from Sinclair almost two weeks ago and the order got lost in cyberspace. They told me today it will ship next week but I need one sooner so I called Speedtech. They said June will probably be the earliest anyone will get them.
    Lance

4. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

I order the new kestrel 4500 thanks for your help. Now i am looking at a pc and nightforce software.I am looking at TDS Reacon pc its waterproof it just 17 ounces and meets millitary spec. It should hold up to out side weather and you can get it with GPS.The price is really high.Has any one used the TDS Reacon pc?