We made the 500 yard club on Saturday

G

My buddy Wallace and I went groundhog hunting this past Sat. close to Orange Va. to a place we call the wind tunnel.hehehe. The wind gods were smiling on us as we had light winds and a beautiful day for shooting. I was able to make a 515 yard shot on a hog with my 243AI and my buddy Wallace made a 1 shot 1 kill (headshot no less with eyes bugged out) with his 6BR. We are both shooting the Sierra 70 grain Blitzkings. He got another one at 300 and I chased one around at 690 yards and connected with him in the hind quarters. I got so excited that I hit him that I wasn't able to finish the job by getting another round in him before he drug himself into his hole. We had a great day and I'm loving this!!!!

I also have a ?? What is your technique for dialing in for your windage adjustment? UP to now I have just been holding off for the wind, and I can see that if I had dailed some in the 690 shot may have been a solid kill.

Thanks Sam in Va. Hoggin'Heaven Thats where they are when I'm done!

Sam's Hog
Wallace's hog

Sam,

COngrats on the fine shooting. Dialing in for wind drift is basically the same as for elevation. Only problem is getting an accurate judgement of the wind speed!!!

Again, congrats!

Kirby Allen(50)

Nice shooting. It won't be long till you'll be wanting to stretch it out more, and more, and more.... There just seems to be no end. This long range shooting sure can be addictive.

Congrats to both of ya,

Thumping those suckers a long ways away sure is a hell of a lot of fun. I wish we had groundhogs around here I bet they are a heck of a lot of fun

Good Job
Steve

Congrats on joining the club. A friend and I just got in after a long time of searching the desert for a spot to shoot jack rabbits at long range. Now we have the bug for the 1,000yd club.

Welcome to the club.I can tell your addicted already.Its a good kind of addiction that we all share on LRH. CONGRATULATIONS. 7MMRHB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.