Wby Mkv

I used to have an Accumark in 300 WBY. Very nice rifle. Accuracy IIRC was 3/4 MOA. I've had several 300 wby's, including a Southgate, German, and of course Japanese. All were very accurate. If I didn't have an affinity for the 338 cal's right now, I would have one in my battery.

Jim

This site is costing me to much money:) . I just bought the NF 3.5-15 x50 with the NP-R1 recticle for my 300 wby will now go south to one of the properties i hunt and sart to do some testing past 400m.
Will see how we go , i will keep you guy posted.
Thankyou for all your help.

JAWZ:)

All that's left is the action...

Mine started life as a Wby MK V Accumark in 30-378

I sent it to Gordy Gritters and had the following done:

Action trued and cryoed and Lugs lapped (all 9)

Krieger 30" barrel - cryoed twice

McMillan A-5 Stock - Pillar bedded and the Skim bedded by Gordy

Trigger was tuned and left at 2 lbs at my request

Chambered for a 30-378 Improved.

Zeiss 6-24 X 72 optics

P1010203.jpg

P1010202.jpg

Break in

Well, its hard to say. I put 10 rounds down range just to iron out any possible rough spots, though finding one of those in a Krieger barrel is akin to finding hell frozen over. I didn't shoot for any type of group.

I then cleaned back down to bare metal and applied Doug Burche's Ultimate Bore Coat. After it dries overnight you cure it by shooting 10 to 20 rounds fast enough to get the barrel warm. I shot three groups of 3 rounds each just goofing around at 100 yards using Berger 210 VLDs and all three groups were under 1/2". I haven't done any load development or anything else. I still need to shoot the last 10 rounds and finish the "curing" process, then I'll start load development.

I'd say it's capable of the ocassional 1/4" group. Probably won't agg that due to the caliber but it surprised me when I shot those groups. I about half-way paid attention when I shot those groups. I can't wait to get it set up with a load it really likes and stretch it out a little.

I have a couple of big Weatherby's the .300 shoots very well (4 in. groups at 600 yards) . The .30-.378 has not been to the range yet. 25.5 inch barrel on the .300 34 in. on the .30-.378
Mixed in is my .308 and .408 Cheytac
rifles.JPG

.408 Cheytac

How's that Cheytac shooting for you? What's the recoil like? Is there any ammo commercially available yet? I watched with great interest as the builders developed that round and chronicled their efforts in Precison Shooting. I've never even held one.

How's that Cheytac shooting for you? What's the recoil like? Is there any ammo commercially available yet? I watched with great interest as the builders developed that round and chronicled their efforts in Precison Shooting. I've never even held one.

The Chey-tac shoots very well. A Marine Sniper has two confirmed kills in Iraq at 2200 yards with the exact same model. I do not know of any commercial ammo. The Chey-tac has a brake on it, so recoil is not bad (300 magnum level) but the percussion is no joke.

The Chey-tac shoots very well. A Marine Sniper has two confirmed kills in Iraq at 2200 yards with the exact same model. I do not know of any commercial ammo. The Chey-tac has a brake on it, so recoil is not bad (300 magnum level) but the percussion is no joke.
Who manufactured that one? How much do they cost?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.