wanting new stock for Rem 270

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Robster80, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Robster80

Robster80 Well-Known Member

i have a Remington 700 .270 ive owned for about 15 years...its all black and i was wanting to change the stock out to something different (woodgrain,etc)....who makes the best rifle stocks ?

2. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

If it is a custom and you don't mind dropping the cash, Joel Russo on this site makes beautiful stocks.

I have a BDL 270 that came off the line in 1978. Still shoots lights out. I have been looking at the McMillan Edge or the Manners lightweights to make a true lightweight rifle. It shoots too good that I am afraid to change anything.

Boyds Gunstocks
    McMillan
    Manners
    HS Precision
    Joel Russo

Depends on what you want and howmuch/long you are willing to wait.

Shane

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

The best wooden rifle stocks....From what I've seen recently, Joel Russo is about the best I've ever seen.

4. Robster80

wow..joel russo's work looks incredible...anyone know his average price??? i dont care for the thumbhole stocks or anything i want basically the same thing i have now a regular sporting stock but just in one of those wood designs.

5. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Average price is hard to quote as everyone wants something a bit different and the cost is commensurate with the type of wood you choose. Feel free to send me an e-mail with your contact information if you want to discuss your options. I am currently running a heavy backlog, so build times are hard to estimate.

6. Robster80

just sent u a message joel off your website. thanks man

7. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member