• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Wanted: Remington 40X trigger

I think i have a Rem 700 Oem trigger but i am not sure if its a 40x. It maybe a newer xmark pro. Is there a way to verify the difference?

I think i have a Rem 700 Oem trigger but i am not sure if its a 40x. It maybe a newer xmark pro. Is there a way to verify the difference?
Well there is, I can certainly tell by a picture, the newer triggers will fit the 40X but aren't well suited for fine tuning, the original oem, trigger has two adjustment screws in the front of the trigger housing while in the back of the housing there is a single adjustment screw, hopefully that description makes sense. If not I will try again

Looks like the trigger i have is the newer version.
It will fit, and depending on intended use you can get by with it until you find what you are looking for, not all will do it, but depending on how tight tolerances were held on both trigger and action many a old style trigger but not all, will when finely and properly tuned 700 trigger will hold safely at below 2 lbs, there is a lot work to get that trigger properly tuned and requires equipment not readily (diamond lap hone) available to hobbyists and many gunsmiths

Member 440coronet is looking for a 40x. I know it will fit, but its not what he is looking for. Thanks for your help.

I have several of old style 3 screw Remington triggers. They are all new, old stock. PM if you are interested or would like pics.