• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted (Long range hunting rifle, Savage 112bvss)

slintz

I am new to this sport. I was looking for a Savage 112BVSS preferably in a .300 win mag. I wouldn't mind a used one.
If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
I was looking at the sendero, but they tend to be a little bit more expensive.
Also looking for a good deal on a scope, something that will get me out to about 600-800 yards.

Im not in a hurry to sell my 112BVSS 300WM... but I think you are on the right track. mine as it sets now could be built for under 1K... well under depending on what you pay for the rifle. I think you will be ok to 600 pretty comfortabely... mine is still managing just over 1MOA at 1575yds.
What have you been pricing them at locally?
Edit: looking at guns america $575-$600 looks pretty typical. If you start thinking seriously about getting one... a new one that is, contact me, I might be able to pull some strings.
I might have a scope suggestion for you.

I have a savage long action trued up sharp shooter trigger long range target stock 3 inch wide foreend 7wsm for sale. I will sell you the gun for the action and stock price. The barrel has only 200 rounds down the tube and holland style break but only shoots aound .75 moa, not the best, another story. But it is a nice gun and you could get any quality barrel installed and you would know what you have. My 2 cents. If you want give me a call on my cell 724-366-1989

[ QUOTE ]
The barrel has only 200 rounds down the tube and holland style break but only shoots aound .75 moa, not the best, another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kudos on this Reed. It's not everyday that a man selling a rifle will tell the customer that it doesn't shoot very well. It's better to be honest from the start and let people make up their own mind than to tell them "It shoots good" so you can move your problem down the road. I wish everyone operated this way.

Thanks for all the replies and I appreciate your honesty Reed. (I did get burned on an item on gunsamerica). Unfortunately I am such the novice that putting a gun together just isn't what I was looking for right now.
I am kind of set on the BVSS or sendero and my friend loads the 300 win mag so he will help me get started loading if I load this caliber. Any luck finding one Bill?

I'm not selling mine, but you'll be real happy with the Savage 112bvss 300 WM. Mine shoots great, I put a KDL break on it and can shoot all day. Love the trigger, can't shoot other stock triggers now, spoiled. Fiftydriver here on this site can get one, last I heard. My buddy was looking after seeing mine shoot at 1000 yds. but Dr bills delayed that

Just recently bought a 12 FV at Sportsmans Warehouse for $439. They had several BVSS for $569 or 579. They will order whatever caliber for you, I believe at no extra charge.

I finally got a 112Bvss and a great deal if I may add.
I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as I get it set up.
Thanks for all the help.

What am I missing?
Everyone is talking about 112BVSS .300 win mag. in Savage, when I check their website, they do not offer it in 300 Win. Mag!!! ???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They do currently catalog the 112 VLP in 300 WM- I think that gun has a different stock, but is otherwise similar; I could be wrong. I am thinking about picking one up (112 VLP) in the near future.

Recent Posts