• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted 7mm mag 1000 yd rifle

csebald

Hi Iam looking to obtain a good used 1000 yd rifle chambered in 7mm Mag. If someone know of a good one I would prefer a tried & tested rilfe 1st, before building one. I do live in Colorado Springs and am also looking for a good LR gunsmith.

Thanks for your support

Chuck
wink.gif

Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan Rifles is one of the best LR rifle builders there is, and he's based in CO.

Suggest you strongly consider a 7mm based cartridge for LR, but not the magnum. Instead, go for the 7 SHV (by Tooley) or maybe the best all-around is the .280 Imp.

Ray Meketa (sp?) won the LG score class in the 1,000y NBRSA Nationals last year using a .280 AI, and he did very well in HG too in the same caliber. George and Dee Tompkins used a 7mm variant to place very high in the HG at the same match.

Leslie Crone is an accomplished 1,000y shooter, and at one point had good results using a 7mm of some sort with the Hornady 162 AMAX.

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Nate Haler ]

Nate

Lesley Crone is "NOT" a member of the Williamsport club and has only shot there once or twice in a World Open,over the years.

I have been there for the past 15 years and do remember shooters who pass through.

DC

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Leslie Crone shot with us in the VA club and shot a 6.5 super. She now primarily shoots F class at Camp Butner NC and a standard 6.5-284. Never remember her shoot a 7mm at all, but she might have. Her and her husband Bob were on the winning US F class world team last year.

Contact Bob White at Shooters Corner. Go to BR central and look at advertisers under complete guns. He has more used BR and LR rifles than about anyone and he had a 7 SHV (shortened 404 Jeffries built by Tooley).

BH

csebald, I will also highly recommend Greg Tannel(GreTan Rifles) in Colorado. He built an excellent 1000 yd. rifle for me.
Warren

7 mm wilcat base on 8x68 work well , I think that BooBoo wilcat is base on 8x68 s? RWS case is very fine even if 8x68 S is hard to form

I use a 7 mm REM mag with 35° deg shoulder set back on the body ( same body lenght as 7 REM MAG ) that work fine at 1000 m and 1200 m

good shooting

DAN TEC

Recent Posts