• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WANTED: 5mm rimfire magnum

huntokanogan

If anyone has or knows of one of those elusive 5mm rimfire magnum rifles please let me know. I'm looking for a new rock chuck gun.....spring is here I'm seeing those little fur bombs on the rocks all over the place.

Just curious, but why do you want a 5mm over a standard 22 mag, 17 HMR or maybe even a 22 hornet? I've read a little on the 5mm but with ammo only available here and there I was wondering what real advantages that particular cartridge would give you.

I've shot chucks with a 17 HMR and could not believe how effective it was on the little creatures. I have since bought a 22 mag barrel and can't wait to shoot one with it to see how it compares, but I have to confess that the archery bug has bitten me and sniping the little bounders with a bow is urban hunting at it's finest!

I've always wanted to meet someone that has a 5mm, just cause it would be cool to shoot and maybe that's what you want. A good chuck is a dead chuck! Good luck finding what you're looking for.

I've got a 22 mag and a 17 HMR. Just thought I should have a 5mm as well!
I saw a quote once that I thought summed up myself......I've got more guns than I need, not as many as I want.
I am a fan of the odd cliber guns that never really caught on and this one fits the bill to a T.
If I could find one for a reasonable price I would love to add one to my collection.
And you are very correct about the ammo availability.....Only one company currently makes it and theyre from mexico....so we'll see

I saw a quote once that I thought summed up myself......I've got more guns than I need, not as many as I want.

I like your style! Having all three to choose from would be a riot. Good luck finding one and good luck shooting as many chucks as possible.

there is one on huntingpa forums for sale now for like 400 with a scope.
i personally have 2 of these guns a 591 and a 592 i also have the centerfire conversion so ammo availability is up to whatever i want to load for it. find one buy it and you will love it. i'd sell you my 591 clip fed model but it needs a new barrel which willl cost 250 bucks. so you prob wouldn't want it.

thanks for the info. I found a guy on here that has one I'm considering already. Good to know you like yours so much though. I have been using a 22mag for bobcats the last couple years and with a good fur market I think this 5mm is going to become my new bobcat gun. I've had a couple unfortunate blowouts with the 22 mag when I hit shoulder blades