Want to try my hand at reloading

travelin_guy7

I've been wanting to start reloading for myself for some time, but not sure exactly where to start. I've looked several places for a starter kit, But I am not sure which one. There seem to be a lot of options. I want to reload 30-06, 243, maybe some others. I found some good deals on reloading kits but need help deciding. Anyone have any advice. The ones I am looking at are fron the guy I get my scopes and stuff from here web page

Most of the reloading manuals (Nosler, Hogden etc) do have a step by step guide in them to help you along. Buy one of these and read it at least twice to make sure you understand what is required. When I started reloading i did a deal with the equipmemt retailer, he would show me on a one to one basis how to use the kit he was selling me, that only took half a day. On the equipment side a RCBS Rockchuker press, a powder scale to accuratly measure your powder weights, a powder dispenser, (RCBS whilst not the best is a good point to start, in my opinion the best is Harell if you only want to buy once) A set of full length dies for each caliber (also come with full instructions), a Lee hand priming tool. A good vernier gauge to measure length of finished rounds is also a must. that lot with a small powder funnel and powder trickler will get you started.

Welcome to a very addictive hobby, please start you loads for a given caliber at least 10 per cent lower than those recommeded in the manuals and work them up slowly looking for pressure signs etc. If you run into problems I am sure that the guys here will help.

travelin_guy Here are a couple of links to a thread a little while back where a guy was asking some of the same questions.
Maybe they will help you a little.

Travelin The best way to learn how to reload is to read as much as you an . Then find a small Gun shop that sales reloading products an ask for some one that can show you some hands on .""just because they say that they reload does knot means that they can ""

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts