• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Want To Purchase 25 cal bullets....

smack

I will be doing some load development for a new wildcat cartridge soon(.257 SMACK).. I am looking for any 25 cal bullets for testing. Full or partial boxes, for a quicker response please contact me at:

[email protected]

Thanks......

.257 Smack...

First off I am a self admitted groundhog/rockchuck blasting addict, you name it I have killed them with it. From hand thrown rocks to .375 Ultra mags, oh yea I need help...My personal best is 176 in a summer...The two calibers I enjoyed blasting them with the most were the .243 Win and the 6mm Rem both with 75 gr V-max's, makes for instant orchard fertilizer...So I started thinking about what I felt would be the perfect chuck cartridge with out going overboard like I have been known to do. So I came up with a drawing called it the .257 Smack and sent it off to Pacific Tool & Gauge and had the reamer built.

To best sum it up I will be fire forming the cartridge from necked up Lapua .243 brass, blowing out the body and shoulder(37 degree) quite a bit. It will have a little more case capacity than a 25 Souper(25-308)...I decided to go with the 25 cal bullet due to the fact I can shoot the 75gr V-Max's and run the 115gr Berger VLD's for the long stuff and still use a Rem700 short action as a repeater. You can't run the heavier match bullets seated properly as a repeater on a Rem700 short action with the 25-284(To long)...

Bellow is a link to a photo comparing the .257 Smack go gauge(Right) to several other cartridges...I don't have the rifles completed yet so I do not have a fired case to show. This is all new to me, I'll figure it out as I go and hopefully have it all figured out by the time those stinking chucks poke their mangy heads out this spring.

In the photo from left to right... 6.5-284, .308 Win, .243 Win, 6mm Rem, .257 Smack go-gauge..

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/landonmoses/DSC01237.jpg

I will be trying/testing this cartridge with a SS 28" 10 twist med palma Bartlein barrel along with a 24' sporter weight version with the same specs SS 10 twist. I just wanted something different/original. I want those chucks this spring to be proud to be vaporized by a cartridge of the likes they or their distant relatives/family have never seen :).

Last edited:
[QUOTE I want those chucks this spring to be proud to be vaporized by a cartridge of the likes they or their distant relatives/family have never seen :).[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny..

I recently sold my Ruger HB in 25-06 and was just getting ready to sell bullets, brass, etc. Here's what I have in the way of .257 cal. bullets:

Barnes 115 gr. TSX - 52 count
Nosler 120 gr. Patition - 42 count
Speer 120 gr. Spitzer (flat base) - 80 count
Speer 87. gr. Spitzer - (flat base) - 6 count
Hornady 75 gr. V-Max - 54 count

I also have 9 Speer 120 gr Spitzers that were pulled from brass that can be used for fouling shots. $50 in certified funds will get the all delivered to your door via USPS Priority Mail service. Let me know if you are interested by sending me a PM.

Its Funny You Are Doing Similar To What I Did 10 Years Ago. I Developed Basicly The Same Thing Only I Used 30 Deg Shoulder. I Have 2 Rifles In This Cal.-- 1 Light (deer/coyote) 1 Heavy (varmint) I Have Shot These Alot And Developed Many Loads.