want to buy a rifle scope help.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by soundwaves, Feb 7, 2011.

1. soundwaves

soundwaves Well-Known Member

lm looking at the market for a new rifle scope with taget turrets and a minimum of 20 times zoom. looked at the zeiss,shimdit bender and night force but is there any other good options which is a little cheeper but great quallity? l want a scope that will satisfie me and l dont wont a piece of crap. leuopold? vortex?

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

There is an optics section of the forum.

3. BlackSS

BlackSS Well-Known Member

Vortex are generally pretty well thought of, no personal experience with one though.
    Bushnell Elite 4200 seem to get pretty good reviews as well.
    I just bought one and have only played with it a little bit, so I can't tell you a whole lot about it. The clicks seem repeatable so far, but the glass is a far cry from the zeiss that I have. Still good quality, but not in the optics are not in the same class IMO.

4. long450

long450 Well-Known Member

Get a NIghtforce and don't look back.

5. Good

Good Well-Known Member

I read good things about the Sightron SIII. It will not be a Nightforce, but is decent. Do you have weight restrictions or anything?

Trijicon
    Vortex
    Nikon
    ?

6. LR3

LR3 Well-Known Member

Hard to beat Nightforce 5.5-22 , worth the extra cost. S and Bender a step up but see debate about sfp vs ffp.