Want to buy a rifle in .243 caliber

Ya, when I ordered the scope I actually ordered the 6×42 MD but they sent the 10 x. Something must have got lost in the translation, Yankee to Texan, but its OK. I wanted the MD reticle for hunting as I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to see the MQ reticle in lower light.
The biggest problem I have tho is the mental gymnastics converting mils to moa clicks . But the scope itself is great. I still want some 6 powers. It may not be a great power for true long range but its good for the hunting around here. I know that I really like everything about the scope except for the moa turrets.

Browning X-bolt varminter .243. I'm bias because i have one and is my favorite rifle and what I own is much better than anything any one else owns. :D

josh107.jpg

Picture009.jpg

I'm going to stray from the rest of the group here. I have a Marlin XS7 243. They are made very similar to the savages. Everything is stock on it. Hand loading Nosler 95 BT with a max load of Varget I get 3/8- 5/8" groups at 100 and 2 - 2.5" groups at 500 yards. And the rifle cost me a whopping $319 at my local gun store brand new. Only bad thing I can says out it, is the stock for end comes with two little pads the barrel rests on. On this 243 and a 7mm-08 that I have , both had to be freefloated on the fore end to group well. Take a little work with some sandpaper but they are accurate guns. The 243 is very tight chambered as well. Which saves brass life some. I have to cam over tight on my sizing die to bump the shoulder a few thousandths.

The 7-08 shoots 1" groups with factory superformance ammo. I do not load for it....yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.