• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Want to buy a handful of 2nd gen 338 VLD's to test out

firefighter1990

Looking to grab maybe a dozen or so pills to test in my rig before buying a whole box. Thanks

I have some send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Berger *unless there are new ones out* only has the 300gn OTM Hybrids (Which i got about 80 or so left).

Usually I get sample packs from samplebullets.com but they're not too great about match bullets and only hv stuff up to 180 gr 30 cal. Sorry I'm not up to date but can you explain what the OTM hybrid is compared to a berger vld? And will they hold together past 2850 fps? I know the 1st gen vlds had issues with that. Thanks guys!

the only 338 cal bullet they make is the 300gn otm hybrid. I was told it was supposed to be a better compromise between hunting and target shooting. But do not quote me on it. I grabbed them for target shooting.

From Berger
Our Hybrid design blends the best of both worlds by incorporating two different shapes within the nose. As the bearing surface ends, a tangent ogive begins. This tangent section of the ogive results in the bullet being much less sensitive to seating depth. As you move forward along the tangent portion, the shape changes into a secant ogive (the shape used on the VLD bullets). This shape is very efficient in the wind and is why the VLD became so popular. The key to all this is not just the combining of these two shapes but also the partnership between the ballistician and the bullet maker. Berger's Chief Ballistician, Bryan Litz uses his expertise to combine the appropriate shapes for optimum performance.

And they are Tactical Bullets as well

Our Tactical bullet line bridges the gap between functionality and the highest possible ballistic performance. Each Tactical bullet is designed with a specific cartridge in mind that is used most commonly in tactical competition and against bad guys. Bryan Litz analyzed the cases and the rifles shooting that case. He then designed the bullets so that they are functional in these rifle's magazines while still being capable of superior ballistic performance. Additionally, these bullets are made with thicker jackets allowing them to perform reliably under the most abusive conditions found in tactical competition, tactical situations and in combat. The ogive design for these bullets are optimized for their specific application and rifle, which means some have a Hybrid nose while others have a pure tangent ogive. The Hybrid design incorporates two shapes that work together to produce the best trajectory performance while at the same time they do not have to be tuned to a specific seating depth like the VLD bullets. Tactical bullets will be successful at either magazine feedable lengths or loaded long for single shot firing situations which can allow for more powder capacity and higher velocities. These bullets truly give the Tactical user the best possible results for whatever situation in which they find themselves.

Also classified as Match
Target bullet line is made up of the many legendary bullets that have been winning matches and setting records for decades. Berger Bullets was started because Walt Berger wanted better results while competiting in target shooting matches. Making Match Grade bullets for target competition shooters is our core competency. All of our success as the producer of consistent bullets for Varmint, Target and Hunting stems from the efforts we have made to produce the best bullets available for the extreme, precision focused, target competition shooter. There is a tremendous amount of pride knowing that we make a product that competition shooters all over the world trust when they go to the firing line. There is no better test of a bullets quality than to be used in a match where everyone is shooting to win. As competition shooters ourselves we understand all the tough challenges and considerable effort it take to be an active target competition shooter. It is our thorough understanding of this effort that heavily influences all the bullets we make.

The ones i have are "300 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical" with a G1 BC of .818

They seem to shoot well, but with them having every descriptor no idea what they are really designed for, but they work well on paper.

Oh. Ok thanks, Ya ill take a few from you if you would mind selling some. check you PM's, got one headed your way