Wallowa County Wolves

JimBridger

[ame="http://vimeo.com/34089194"]Wallowa County Wolves on Vimeo[/ame]

This is a rather moving portrayal of the challenges facing Ranchers in Eastern Oregon.

That was on Montana Outdoors about a year ago. It's enough to **** you off. Those tree hugging son of a bitchs in the Sierra Club ( and their other coherts) don't give a **** about a 5000.00 prime breeding bull being killed. We just go to the supper market and buy a gallon of milk and T-Bone steaks and they just replenish all by them selves in the coolers. Speak of CAN'T SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES these SOB's fit the mold perfectly.

Got my pack goat string outfitted. The long range woof getter is tuned. Started conditioning me and the goats.

Will be spending plenty of time the rest of the year out where the elk and cows are and see what I can see.:)

Ranchers are my kind of people.

I do not know how, or when the Federal Government will dispense the funding from the Pittman–Robertson Act of 1937, but as most of you are aware we are experiencing the greatest volume of gun and ammunition sales our country has ever seen. All reloading equipment manufacturers are on back-order. Not to mention all the other Sportsman dollars being spent. How poorly will all this record funding be spent?
I am sorry, I do not mean to rant. I am trying wrap my brain around what is happening to our herd populations, ranchers, and especially small farm operations.
I think it is well illustrated in the video between The Rancher and I presume two biologists discussing the events and condition of his bull that lead to its death.

Time for more coffee

With each day a new government debacle appears, and staying focussed on one is tough. There is a bunch to absorb about the wolf transplant, but what happened to the Pittman-Roberston money is the key question. Start with the fact of how much money is coming in, and followed with Game departments raising tags etc. because they're broke? Following the money generally will tell you a lot. Here's where our organizations have failed us someone with standing needs to insist on an audit, and somebody else may need to go to jail.

Gerry Spence comes to mind. I would like to see the RMEF hire him.

I saw the former Governor of Montana Brian Schweitzer in a elk video indicating that the State has applied for a 10j permit:[ame="http://youtu.be/aG_aKoRp5ic"]Montana Governor Schweitzer Interview on Wolf Management - YouTube[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.