waist/fanny pack

grt56

I have been looking at the LL Bean waist pack and was wondering if anyone has tried them?

I am not familiar with that particular pack but I do use a fanny pack while hunting on occassion. I have found a wide belt system is mandatory and don't expect it to carry alot of weight or replace a day pack. I mostly use mine for the final stock with a little extra water, range finder etc. Just enough so my pockets don't get too full and I have a soft pack to lay my rifle across for the shot.

I think this is my 100th post! Maybe I will win a prize?

Have not seen the fanny pac
but i do use one
I only keep a bit of para cord, fire starting stuff, flash light and head lamp, extra bullets, and my knives and bone saw in it
that way if I get something down close to camp or the truck/4 wheeler I can just grab and go.
retiredcpo

Thanks Guys. 1911 That is exactly what I want one for especially something soft to rest my rifle.I will attach a rest to the front.gun)

Gary

I use a Mountain Smith Day Lumbar pac and have hunted with it for over 20 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I can lash a jacket to the outside of it and can carry everything I need in it for a days worth of hunting.

I usually have a knife, 10 rounds of ammo, 24 ounces of water, two cliff bars, a windproof lighter, small digital camera, gloves, stocking cap, headlamp, and a road flare with me.

It hasn't failed me yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts