WA State HB 1240

Unionsparky46

I am still in shock and dismay about this. Especially since a republican senator made amendments to it. Basically it's an "assault weapons" ban. It - effective immediately bans the sale, manufacture and possession after signed by the governor of any "assault weapon" listed in the bill, dale or manufacture of any parts that could be used to assemble one, semiautomatic shotguns that have a pistol grip and can hold more than 7 rounds, semiautomatic handguns, suppressors, flash hiders, threaded barrels and muzzle brakes. Really?!?! Even bans the possession of a Barrett 50 cal.

They're now in talks to ban calibers such as the 338 lapua, 375 and 408 cheytec. What the heck is the end game here? I don't necessarily care about the entire "assault weapons" thing. I don't condone it either. We should not have any of our firearms right infringed. Why the flying …. Can't they admit it's not an inanimate object that's causing the issue but entitlement, bullying and glorifying that is. The Omaha 360 project showed we can do it why don't others follow??

This used to be such a great state and with all the lawlessness we need our second amendment and our states article 34 more than ever. Why in the world would they ban me from having a muzzle brake installed to lessen the recoil on my 300 win mag? ****es me off cause I have a rifle at benchmark right now and don't know if it will be legal to pick up because of the brake?!?!

Sorry for the rant but what the heck?!?!?! Why do we put up with this? 12 more years I can retire with my pension but don't know if I can wait that long. The company I work for has a shop in Boise, ID but my plan is to move back to the Plains, MT area where my family is from. Almost 43 years in WA State and I never saw this coming. Thanks for listening family!

Robert