vx7 or monarch

snox801

Alight I have a question. I have a 257 why by bob hart. It currently has a 6-24 Nikon monarch. Now my dad just bought a gin at the auction that had a VX7 4-14 on it. He currently has no use for this rifle. With that said this is a medium range gun. Or max range for the 257 round on deer. So which scope would you use and why? I have gotten really use to the extra Magnification. Would it be worth swapping scopes and just getting used to the lower power of the vx7. Its a much more expensive scope from what I gather but is it that much better? Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Sorry ill double check what it really is I have never looked into the higher end scopes from Leopold. I was going off 8 months of memory. I'll be home in a few days and get the correct info sorry guys.

Leupold used to make a VX-7

Yep! They were designed and produced in 2007 (IIRC) to be US made/assembled competition for high dollar Euro hunting scopes (Swarovski, Kahles, Zeiss Diavari, etc.) but never really grabbed the sales and interest numbers and was later discontinued (2011? or thereabouts) just after a few years and Leupold introduced the VX-6 model.

I have a VX7 on my 300 RUM, one of the best scopes I have. One of the better scopes that Leupold ever made. You will like it!

Cool for a minute I thought I was becoming stupid. Like I said im wasn't positive I hadn't seen it in months. Glad to hear my memory is fine. It must have been one of the last year it was made. So what one would you guys use. I own both and gonna compare side by side just wondering which you would use and why. Thanks.

Cool for a minute I thought I was becoming stupid. Like I said im wasn't positive I hadn't seen it in months. Glad to hear my memory is fine. It must have been one of the last year it was made. So what one would you guys use. I own both and gonna compare side by side just wondering which you would use and why. Thanks.

For your medium range purpose either one would serve you well. IIWY, between the two, I'd go with the Leupold!

I'd pick the Leopold as well between the two. However for that kind of money I'd buy a Swarovski. I've been very impressed with the one we have on a .280 Ackley and it's just a Z3.

I'd pick the Leopold as well between the two. However for that kind of money I'd buy a Swarovski. I've been very impressed with the one we have on a .280 Ackley and it's just a Z3.

The scope came with the gun ...

Now my dad just bought a gin at the auction that had a VX7 4-14 on it. He currently has no use for this rifle.

I'm pretty sure whatever deal between the OP and his Dad is better than anything out there. :rolleyes::D:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.