vx6 on ruger #1 pics

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Tikkamike, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I finally got a scope put on my #1 in 416 Rigby. the mount I decided on is the slip over mount by E.A.Brown Co. and the rings are Leupold 30mm PRW's and the scope is a vx-6 1-6x24mm with the fire dot reticle. I will be trying this set up out on bears in a month or 2 hopefully. I am not a fan on the mount on a mount look of the slip over eabco but it is the best, most solid thing I could find. The fit of it is impressive and the design despite being a little tacky is well thought out. it gets the scope back which helps with eye relief, also no objective bell helps in getting it set back also. The VX6 seems to have ample eye relief so a combination of all those facotrs makes this a very useable combination (or so it feels by handling it) I will be starting load development in the next day or 2 so hopefully the rifle shoots as good as it looks. This is the first VX6 I have handled and its a different animal than the VX3 I think I may like it even better.

[​IMG]

2. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

Damn nice rifle.. Beautiful set up. That'll put the hurt on from both ends!

3. Demon061

Demon061 Well-Known Member

Good times, I love the number 1. I need to get a good line on casts for .450/577 bullets for the ole' Martini Henry =(

4. 1100 Remington Man

1100 Remington Man Well-Known Member

Very Nice Looking.