VX-6HD 3-18X50 Opinions and reviews

MASH

View attachment 142992
Hey guys looking at picking one of these up to add to new rifle project that will be used for hunting. Wanting to stay as light as I can but not sacrifice magnification too much. I mostly hunt in AZ but will be traveling to surrounding western states for trips this year as well. Looking for reviews and impressions for those of you that have used one or similar in the VX6 HD line.

There good scopes. They track well. Glass is decent in low light and have held up with no issues on my magnums. May want to also check out the new vx5hd 4-20x50 it may fit your needs.

I've been using a Zeiss V6 3-18x50 on a new .264WM the last few months. The use has just been at the range, so far, so I don't have any hunting experience with it, but the scope has been great. Optics are great, eye box is really good, the little bit of tracking I have done has been perfect, love the 3-18 power range.

I am not a tactical or long range guy, so I can't comment on how the Zeiss compares to the Nightforce scopes, etc.

If weight is a consideration, I would also suggest looking at the Swarovski 3.5-18x44 scope. The Swaro has a 1" tube and weighs 15.9 oz vs the 22.9 of the Zeiss with its 30mm tube. The optics of the Swaro are said to be superb, so you may not give up much with its 44mm objective compared to the Zeiss 50mm. Not saying the Swaro is better, just that it is an option to consider if trying to save weight.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.