vortex vpr-65s 15, or HD 15-45 x65

lamiglas

a friend asked me if i had any experience with either one of these spotting scopes. I said nope, but I know just the people to ask!

If anyone can help him make a decision between these two, or inform him if there is a better scope to be had for the money, i would appreciate it.

thanks alot guys!

Bill

I had the 15-45x65 Viper HD for 2-3 weeks. Prior to owning this scope, all I had was an $80 Winchester that I've had since 2005. While doing ladder tests at 300yards I would compare the 2 pretty close at seeing bullet holes. After swaping the scope and some money for a swarofski, I can now see bullets at 300yds better on 20x than I ever could on 45x.
I recommend doing some field testing before purchasing the viper. If I didn't go with the swarofski I probably would have got the nikon spotter XL2. The nikon is probably better optics than the viper for less money, but I've never compared them side by side.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.