Vortex Viper PST Riflescope Update

gr8fuldoug

Official LRH Sponsor
I just got the following from e-mail from Vortex....
Vortex Viper PST Riflescope UpdateWe are excited to announce that we are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. We expect the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year.

Each PST Riflescope goes through our rigorous hand inspection process. These inspections are to ensure that you and your customers are completely satisfied with their purchase.
Important Notes This first shipment will not cover all the backorders. Due to the popularity of this line, it may take several weeks to send out all the backordered scopes.
Going forward, we will be receiving shipments on a bi-monthly basis and will ship those PST scopes to you as they become available.

Thank you again for your patience on the Viper PST's and Happy Holidays!

I've been waiting also. I think they will be worth the wait. My rifle is still being built, but I'm still excited to get one finally. Thanx to Vortex for making good decisions with customer feedback.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a new scope and I have a couple of quick questions about the PST. I built a custom 308 and I am looking hard at either the 4-16x50 FFP MRAD or 6-24x50 FFP in MRAD. Which 1 of these 2 scopes would I be better served by and does the $50 difference between these 2 scopes warrant 1 over the other?

Also does vortex have any plans to add of 1 MOA hashmarks to their MOA lineup?

I have a 6-24x50mm PST MOA with a custom turret in yards so I don't need to count clicks. I figured that I could live with a lowest of 6 power, but if I wanted more than 16 power I would have it.

Oh, I love this scope.

joseph

Last edited:
I am in the market for a new scope and I have a couple of quick questions about the PST. I built a custom 308 and I am looking hard at either the 4-16x50 FFP MRAD or 6-24x50 FFP in MRAD. Which 1 of these 2 scopes would I be better served by and does the $50 difference between these 2 scopes warrant 1 over the other?

I asked your question to my buddies at Vortex, figuring they would have the best response. This is what they said....

When it comes down to it this question is purely personal preference. Really it depends on his shooting style and a little bit on what he is going to be using it for. Is he looking to see bullet impact at 300-400 yards or purely looking to shoot longer distances. You can't really go wrong with either one. I think if you asked 10 guys you would get a 50/50 response.
The $50.00 difference is because of the increase in mag power- There is always more time put into design and more glass in the higher power scopes.

I have a 6-24x50mm PST MOA with a custom turret in yards so I don't need to count clicks. I figured that I could live with a lowest of 6 power, but if I wanted more than 16 power I would have it.

Oh, I love this scope.

joseph

gr8fuldoug,

The answer you gave is better then the one I gave. It is a personal preference. I should have added that I have been using 8-32 power scopes and a 10-50 power for many years and I got the 6-24 power PST because I like to target shoot at 100 & 200 yds. This way I can hunt using 6 power and target at 24 power. If it was going to just be for hunting & tactical type of shooting I might have gotten the 4-16 power.

I guess I got a little "tunnel vision" with my first response.

joseph

gr8fuldoug,

The answer you gave is better then the one I gave. It is a personal preference. I should have added that I have been using 8-32 power scopes and a 10-50 power for many years and I got the 6-24 power PST because I like to target shoot at 100 & 200 yds. This way I can hunt using 6 power and target at 24 power. If it was going to just be for hunting & tactical type of shooting I might have gotten the 4-16 power.

I guess I got a little "tunnel vision" with my first response.

joseph

No worries Joseph.
There is no 1 correct reply. That is the whole point of forum interaction

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.