Vortex Viper HS 4-16 LR

jschroed

Anyone use this scope? I have been looking at them online for a while. I understand that they only have the elevation turret exposed, and not the windage. My biggest question is in regards to the 1/2 MOA per click on the elevation. Why would they do this? What is the advantage?

How 'bout that...! I just logged in to inquire about the same scope and saw a thread on it already. They use the .5 moa clicks to achieve 24 moa with one rotation of the dial. I can see the advantage of that but at the same time I can see some downfall as well. A shade over 5" at 1000yds per click seems like it could hinder precision shot placement at that distance. I too am curious about this scope. I would also like to hear from someone that has run this scope through the ringer. How the optical quality stacks up against others, tracking, repeatability, etc... It appears to be stacked full of features a long range hunter would want and the price tag makes it even more appealing!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.