• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Vortex Razor

thanks for your feeling about Vortex razor HD Need to buy one for tactical target shooting at about 1500 y max. Do you think it s a good purchase for that application ?

I think its a very good scope. Clicks are nice, its very clear, has lots of options for the money. If 20 power is enough for you than it wound be great. I have a nightforce 8-32 that I use on my 338 edge and love the power, and 20 power is not enough for me at 1000 let alone 1500. I did hear that they are coming out with a 8-32 or so razor this year.

I think its a very good scope. Clicks are nice, its very clear, has lots of options for the money. If 20 power is enough for you than it wound be great. I have a nightforce 8-32 that I use on my 338 edge and love the power, and 20 power is not enough for me at 1000 let alone 1500. I did hear that they are coming out with a 8-32 or so razor this year.

Lots of hunters shooters use Schmidt and Bender 5-25*56. If you have choice wich one do you suggest ? Razor or SB ?

Althought i understand you are not disappointed with razor HD. SB is a lot of money. Thanks again for your help.

Where are you hunting ? I am hunting rusa deer in New Caledonia:D

I know a guy that did shoot a sb for 1000 yard bench rest and loved it. He sold it to get the new sb that goes to 50 power and hated it. I would lean toward the razor but the sb is a great scope. I hunt in Montana all over, for every animal we have. I killed a mountain goat this year with my edge and a nightforce 8-32, and last year we killed lots of deer.

Last edited:
you are right i juste sold my SB in 12-50*56 it s cleat until 20X. I think i will take th PREMIER heritage light tactical 3-15*50. Do you heard it s a good scope ?

What sort of deer do you shoot ? How far ?

My buddy has the first PREMIER 3-15 and he loves it. I have never looked through the new one, but I'm sure its good.

I hunt both whitetail and mule deer, the farthest deer was 734 yards, 550 and 471 so far. My antelope was 763 yards, goat was 452. My buddy that had the sb shot a mule deer doe at 1760 yards.