Vortex ranger range finder

timmay

looking for some feedback on the vortex ranger.
seems like a good range finder for the price but would like to hear from an actual owner.
I cant be spending the money on a lieca.
If it can range accurately and reliably to 800 yards then thats all I need.
I was going to get the bushnell scout 1000 for $200 but found out it only reads yardage with angle compensation.
Id like a straight line accurate read

looking for some feedback on the vortex ranger.
seems like a good range finder for the price but would like to hear from an actual owner.
I cant be spending the money on a lieca.
If it can range accurately and reliably to 800 yards then thats all I need.
I was going to get the bushnell scout 1000 for $200 but found out it only reads yardage with angle compensation.
Id like a straight line accurate read

I just picked one up, but have not spent very much time, I can tell you that it reads angles, and LOS that you want. It's very light and small package, red display, I spent a few minutes outside and picked up 653 yards from a tree, it seems fairly accurate, - I will test side by side vs my Lieca---(in store testing) the Leupold 1000 was faster to acquire the target. I will be watching this thread also for others input, if I get out more with it I will post more what i find.

I have the Bushnell Elite 1600, and I love it. Somewhere over $400, but ranging rocks out to 1000 yards is a piece of cake. Today I could only get readings out to 1084, so it must be time to change the batteries.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts