Vortex PST vs. Leupold Mark II

angus-5024

hey guys, I've had my heart set on the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 EBR MOA illuminated. I can get it for $700 CAD new or I can get a plain jane Mark II 3-9x40 for $640 (below cost). I know that the PST has more options, but thought that maybe the Leupold is a better/tougher scope. I dont like that the Mark II doesnt have paralax adjustment. Im definatley leaning towards the Vortex but thought that maybe someone had used both and could offer a real objective opinion. thanks in advanced.

its going on a .243 win by the way.

Instead of the Mark II, get the Mark AR, its the same scope. Its marked in MOA as well as for the 55gr 223, so you can use it for anything. And its $299 basicly everywhere.

Just picked up my PST 2.5x10-44. love it. gonna get one for my .280 Rem as well, but probably in the 4-16 FFP.

I replaced my MK IV M3 with a Vortex PST if that gives you an idea of my opinion. I like the Vortex much better at the same price with the cost savings it is a no brainer.

yeah, I got out and tested it today. I cannot say how impressed I am with the PST. only problem is now it need another one:rolleyes:.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.