Vortex Optics - 8-32 Viper - when?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Iowaboy, May 19, 2009.

1. Iowaboy

Iowaboy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when Vortex is going to come out with a 8-32 power in there Viper series?

I just bought one of there new 6.5-20x50 mildot Viper scopes and it is unbelievably clear, I love it. But would really like to get my hands on a 8-32 when they come out with it!

I called them and they said they would be coming out with a bunch of new stuff this year, Man I can't wait!

2. Armed in Utah

Armed in Utah Well-Known Member

Vortex builds some nice stuff....I have two of their 6-20x50 Vipers on two p/dog removal tools....very clear...repeatable clicks...well made scopes....also have a pr of 10-42 Razor bins...wish they would build a LR 30mm varmint scope with that glass & tall target towers....

3. Iowaboy

Iowaboy Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought the 6-20x50 viper with a 30mmtube for my new 6mmbr, but didn't have time to develope a load before our trip out to WY this last weekend. So I put it on my 12fv savage 223, and I'm thinking it likes it there. Might just have to buy another for the br!

I also have a pair of 4-12x40 diamondbacks, a 10x42 diamondback pair of binos, and a 20-60x50 Nomad spotter. All my buddies couldn't believe how clear this stuff was. The most impressive were the 10x42 binos for under $200!

I was just looking at the vortex website and see that they are building a 8-32x50 with 30mm tube in the crossfire line of riflescope. Anyone have experience with these?