Viper Vortex HS 2.5-10x44 BDC on an AR-15

Denny2277

I'm looking to mount one of these on my RRA ATH Carbine. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and how it worked out for them?

I'm looking to mount one of these on my RRA ATH Carbine. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and how it worked out for them?
Bobro, Larue, or American defence machine all make a mount that will work for your rifle. I would suggest the Bobro extended SPR mount I have used all the others but Bobro is the best there is, zero shift after removal and instalation.

Thanks, but I have a Burris P.E.P.R mount already. I'm going to mount a small red dot on top later on.

I have a Viper 6.5-20X44 PA BDC on my RRA Varminter, do not have a bunch of time behind it but it is a great scope (although too much for a .223, but the price was right)

I have the Vortex Diamondabck 4-12x44 with BDC reticle. Absolutely love it....

The reticle matches my 75 gr BTHP handloads at 2700 fps from my 16" RRA to 500 yds perfectly. I think the reticle may have been changed now, but mine is as follows.

+ = Zero
dot 1 = 1.5 MOA
dot 2 = 4.5 MOA
dot 3 = 7.5 MOOA
dot 4 = 11 MOA

The turrets dial spot on as well to get me to 750, and the box test I did when I first got it was spot on. In all honesty though, I do not dial my turrets often on that scope, so I cannot speak to the hardiness of the mechanical parts. It mostly doesn't go past 500.

IMO, You cannot go wrong spending money on Vortex Optics. I have a bolt gun at the smith now, and when it gets home she will get a Vortex of some flavor.

I purchased the 2.5x10x44PST and mounted on my 6.5 Grendel. It's a great scope. I developed data out to 1000yds and have been shooting out to 600 yds with great accuracy.

I Have several Nightforce scopes and their awesome. I've given my Leupolds to my brother and friends. When I build the 6.5 I decide to try the Vortex after reading several reviews here on the forum. I'm glad I did. Great scope for the price.

I have been switching it back and forth between my AR and my Weatherby MkV 223. Lots of fun.

Gonzo
SEMPER FIDELIS

Viper 2.5x10x50 on the top and a Nikon 4.5-14 on the bottom rifle. Both with Burris Extreme Tactial mounts.
2ars.jpg

I have a viper 6.5-20x44 on my RRA Predator Pursuit and I love it. eye relief is kind of short on 20 power but other than that I have nothing to complain about. As stated in another post, money spend on vortex optics is money well spent.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.